Saturday 29 November 2008

The Unexpected Sleep

I don't like to sleep with people. Not in the same room, and especially not in the same bed. I usually don't want to get used to anyone. I usually don't care. I need time. Lots of it. 

With you...with you I just drift away into dreams. I would prefer to stay awake, because it's even better than in beautiful dreams. And you don't rush me into anything. I know it's new for you to take it so slow, but you still do it. Even more, you seem to enjoy it. So there we are, in the same big bed, that song playing over and over again, kissing and hugging and kissing some more, taking the clothes off even if we're cold, kissing all the time and then kissing some more. Your hand slides from my eyes, to my neck and breasts, staying there for a while, your cold hand giving me shivers on my tummy, carefully you move an inch lower, hold on my hipbone, almost confused and scared with not knowing how much further you should go... and you don't go... you repeat that way in the opposite direction... and like that for another two hours. Every now and then you stop and stare, you call me beautiful, you hardly dare to kiss me while I can't wait to accept that kiss. 

And then I fall asleep, somewhere in between, already smiling because I know you'll be there in the morning...

No comments: